Tonight I released WP-Members version 2.6.3. This is an incremental code improvement release.
The primary minor code improvements:
- reCAPTCHA noscript
- fixed stripslashes for front end error messages
- localization for “Clear Form” and “Submit” translation
- removed unused globals from the registration forms
There are two larger pieces in this release. The first is pagination for the bulk user management page. When displaying all users, the group of users will paginate into 10 users listed per page. When displaying all users not activated or exported, all users matching the criteria will be displayed.
The second larger feature is a little more complicated and won’t apply to everyone. I’ve had a lot of requests for dropdown support (the form <select> tag). At this point, a dropdown must be added programmatically (at install – see this post for instructions on how to do this). An example of the needed array parameters is included in the install file. Essentially, you need to add the following to include a dropdown select list:
- Order to display
- The label that will display next to the dropdown
- The option name that this will be stored in the database as (no spaces)
- The field type (in this case “select”)
- Display parameter (generally, this will be “y”)
- Required parameter (“y” for yes, “n” for no)
- Native parameter (this will always be “n”)
- An array of the dropdown values
The array of dropdown values will be the value displayed to the user, a pipe separator (“|”), and the value that will be stored in the database. This is as follows:
- “Choice One|choice1” would display “Choice One” to the user and if selected, put “choice1” in the database.
- “<–select–>|” would display “<–select–>” to the user and leave a blank value.
- “|” would display a blank line (useful for separating into groups).
Putting it altogether, this is an example of the array that need to be added to include a dropdown:
array( 19, 'dropdown select', 'dropdown_select', 'select', 'y', 'n', 'n', array( '<---- Select One ---->|', 'Choice One|choice1', 'Choice Two|choice_two', '|', 'Example After Spacer|after_spacer' ) )
If all of that seems too complicated, just be patient. The next release will include the admin side of this feature so you can just add dropdowns via the admin panel.