WP-Members stores all of its registration field names and some of the user dialogs in the WordPress database. If you are installing localized translation files for WP-Members on a WordPress installation where you have already activated the WP-Members plugin, you will likely find that the translated fields names do not load into the database.
The plugin, once installed, does not reinstall any database settings. This is so the plugin installation process not inadvertently overwrite any custom settings that may have been set.
In order to override this and get the translated field names into the database, there is a toggle in the wp-members-install.php file. Follow these steps to make the change and load the translated field names:
- In the WordPress Admin Area, go to the Appearance > Editor menu.
- In the Editor Panel, look in the upper right of the screen for “Select plugin to edit” and select WP-Members.
- Below that, look in the list of Plugin Files for wp-members-install.php.
- Near the top of the very first function in this file, wpmem_do_install, look for $chk_force = false; Change this to $chk_force = true;
- Save the change by clicking “Update File”
- Go to the WP Plugin panel and deactivate/reactivate the plugin.
The field names should now be translated. I would suggest changing the toggle back to false, but it isn’t totally necessary. Also, if you had previously customized any of the plugin’s settings, you may need to double-check your settings.