Well, I completed the upgrade to WordPress 2.0 last night. Things went as smooth as can be expected. No problems with the database, and most of my modifications since the last install were built into the theme pages so no problems there.
I did run into an issue that some folks seem to have had as well and that was with the wp-settings.php file at line 38.
//if ( strpos($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'], 'php.cgi') == strlen($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) - 7 )
//‚ ‚ ‚ $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'] = $_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED'];
This line is a fix for php as cgi and doesn’t really effect me, so commenting it out fixes the problem.
So far so good. I like the new admin interface as it has a nice wysiwig editor and some other on-the-fly editing tools. One thing I have to get used to with the wysiwig editor is that I need to break the habit of hitting return twice for a double-spaced paragraph since the editor does that already with a singe carriage return.
Next step is working on the Verse-O-Matic. Verse-O-Matic 2.0 seems to be working fine with WordPress 2.0 so upgrading doesn’t seem like it will be a requirement. However, there are still some features I would like to implement into the plugin, including an admin interface, so I will be working on that for (hopefully) beta testing this weekend.