WP-Members Translations

WP-Members has been translated into a number of languages.  This page will always have the most recent versions of any translation files that I have as well as the most recent POT.  The most recent version number will be indicated.  While there have been some changes along the way since 2.4, translation files should be fairly compatible with minimal changes.

If you need to update a file, I would suggest that you use Poedit.

If you are unfamiliar with localization, review this information at the Codex.

Most recent POT

wp-members-ru_RU.mo

Hindi

WP-Members by Outshine Solutions
wp-members-hi_IN.po
wp-members-hi_IN.mo

Slovak

WP-Members by B. Radenovich (Web Hosting Watch)
wp-members-sk_SK.po
wp-members-sk_SK.mo

Serbo-Croatian

WP-Members 2.8 by Borisa Djuraskovic (Web Hosting Hub)
wp-members-sr_RS.po
wp-members-sr_RS.mo

If you have created translations for WP-Members that you would like to share with the community, feel free to contact me via the contact page and I would be happy to add them here.

Note: if you are loading a translation on a site that has already had WP-Members installed, you’ll need to force the translated field names into the database.  That process is described in this post.

Comments

Every time I update the plugin, my translation files are deleted and the language is back to english. Then I have to copy the language-files again and set $chk_force= true, deactivate/activate and we are back to danish. But.. now all my custom fields are gone :-(

How do I keep my translation and my custom fields when I update the plugin ?

Jes – when you upgrade the plugin, you should only be reloading your translation files. You should not be repeating the $chk_force process. That is a one-time process when you first install the plugin and is only to force in the translated field names. Once those are in there, you don’t have to do it again. The upgrade process does not effect this as it intentionally does not do anything to the fields array in the database.

Your alternative process would be to deactivate the plugin, ftp file transfer the upgrade files, then reactivate the plugin. Only when you use the WP automatic upgrade are files deleted from the plugin directory.

Hey!

I can’t seem to change the value of the “Submit” and “Clear Form” buttons to my local language (Swedish). Where am I not looking?

I’d also like to provide some updated Swedish language files, where do I email them?

Hi again… Is it possible to translate the “close” and “print” tags in the TOS?

I’d be very appreciative of any help!

// Oskar

All of the strings that you mentioned can be localized. If you are not finding them, it may be that you are working from an older .pot file (I notice the one linked on this page is not necessarily the most current – so I have updated that to link to the plugin repository file so it will be the version included in the download). If you use the file that is included in the download, that will be the one that have been most recently compiled.

For all the entire zip of 2.7.4 release candidate including italian language for manual installation.
    Disactivate plugin from dashboard / plugin in your WP, you can delete entire directory and replace all with included content of zip file. In alternative, when you automatically upgrade WP-MEMBERS PLUGIN, you may only ftp copy italian files from lang directory of plugin into same dir of your hosting site.
    Here link to download:

Many thanks to Chad for his excellent job. Best regards
    Doriano

Sorry for the incovenience.
    I’ve upgraded my new wp site and so links are dead.
    For all italians WP-Members users now is available new link to download
    The WP-Members RC 2.7.4 both in complete version with integrated IT lang or only languages files in .zip

Here link:

Have fun
    Doriano

FOR ITALIAN USERS.
      Now download is free without registration to my site. Enjoy.
      But if you can, please .. register.

Many thanks

Italians: Il download dei files di lingua o il plugin completo della 2.7.4 Rc adesso lo potete scaricare liberamente senza necessità di registrazione al sito. Ma se potete registrarvi o stesso…. può solo compiacermi. Grazie a tutti.

• Marco De Veglia says

MESSAGE IN ITALIAN FOR DORIANO
          Ho mandato a Chad la versione localizzata (per la 2.7.4) il 7 maggio, piu’ o meno nello stesso periodo in cui l’hai mandata tu. Ho pero’ il problema che ho un’installazione di WP in inglese e quindi non me la prende. Come faccio a italianizzare l’installazione cosi mi prende i lang? Thanks bro.

Non si deve fare altro che copiare manualmente i files della lingua, nella dir lang del plugin. Usare una connessione ftp oppure se su dominio auruba, si può dal pannello di controllo /file manager del sito su aruba. Disattivare e riattivare il plugin per vedere tutto funzionare. Ancora vedo funzionanyte il file della 2.7.4 anche sulla 2.7.5
            Per qualunque probl, può contattarmi. Spero di essere stato utile. A presto.

I cant get the translation files to work. I tried several options (delete plugin, force installation, activate/deactivate) but it never changes the language to DE. These files are in wp-members\lang: wp-members.pot, wp-members-de_DE.po, wp-members-de_DE.mo. Although I followed your instruction for already installed plugin, there is No change in language or any change at all. When I look to the database I also cannot find any changes. Do I have to do anything else to get it work?

Any ideas, please?

Thanks for this *very nice* plug-in, just the ticket!
    I have made a localising file for my site, to change the various prompts from “user” (ugg!) to “member”.
    I used an -nz_NZ translation (New Zealand). It was all flowing nicely until I upgraded to 2.7.4 … then two things:
    1) .po * .mo files dissapeared from plugin/lang directory (even tough the .pot file has not changed)
    Where do you suggest I place these to protect them from updates …( wp-content/languages directory does not work).
    2) (small grumble) You changed “Existing users Login” (wp-members-dialogs.php:49) to “Existing Users Login” without updating the .pot file.
    Cheers
    Keep up the good work!

Hi Chad

There still seem to be bits of text that are not internationalised. I took the v2.5 .PO/.MO files from here and added the latest .POT definitions, but there are still items in English. I’m trying to get everything into German.

Perhaps you have missed a few. An example is the text “SUBMIT” on a button or the heading “Existing Users Login”, or the text “Forgot? Register” in the widget.

Thanks for any hints, David

hi David,
      I dont know why Chad doesnt publish the newest translation files. I already sent the version de_DE for 2.7 , where I added some missed or new phrases. BTW, compare my comment from 15th January this year, which is about a simple translation method you can do really easy for yourself.
      Frank

Frank and David,

Yes, I’ll take the responsibility for that. Sadly, translations have taken a back seat to pushing development on the plugin forward. On a positive note, the changes lately have been minimal and I don’t foresee much in terms of future versions that is going to change most of the strings.

I will make it a priority to get caught up on the translations that have been sent and posted, and will likely be adding these to the download.

A simple solution would be to include all translation files along with the distribution: they are after all not enormous!

The latest German version posted on the official page (“http://butlerblog.com/wp-members/wp-members-translations/”) is v2.5. Frank – where are your v2.7 files?

By the way, there is an issue in German, that some people want a “Sie” version and some want a “du” version. Similar problem with many other languages. So far, I didn’t see a standard solution to that particular problem

David

9. Marcelo Paoli says

Hi Chad, just sent you the pt_BR translation. Would you make it available thru the website or do you prefer i post a link to the files here? Also noticed that in the “WP-Members Users” screen, the new export functions are not translated, like “all”, “not exported”, “This button exports the full user…”, “Username”, “Name”, “Export All Users”, “Total users”… . I’m using the “CodeStyling Localization” plugin for the translations. Thanks

10. Marcelo Paoli says

Also, forgot to mention that i needed to change the line 67 in wp-members.php from:

to:

add_action(‘init’, ‘members_textdomain’);
    function members_textdomain() {
    load_plugin_textdomain( ‘wp-members’, false, dirname( plugin_basename( __FILE__ ) ) . ‘/lang/’ );

to make the translation work. Does that still there on purpose?

Hi Marco – thanks for sending this translation – I will get it added to the site. I appreciate your efforts.

There should be no need to make the change you indicated here. The load_plugin_textdomain function should fire appropriately as it is. But I will review this and if it does need to be changed in the plugin, I’ll change it.

11. Kitka says

Hello Chad,

Thanks so much for your plugin. I am trying to use it on a website that is aimed at a Spanish audience and I am struggling to get the plugin to display in Spanish. I wonder if you have a link to a page with really simple step-by-step instructions for a noob like me?

I have installed the latest version of the plugin (2.7.5) and the latest version of WordPress (3.4.1) and I have gone to Settings and edited all the Fields, Dialogs and Emails to Spanish.

I did the change on the wp-members-install.php file ($chk_force == true) but I’m still getting English in the web page.

I hope you can help.

Kitka

• Kitka says

oh, one more bit of info I left off…. I do not want to use WordPress in Spanish (ie the Dashboard area) because my Spanish is just barely OK but I’m doing the work for someone who speaks Spanish. So I don’t want to change the entire installation to Spanish, just the WP-Members functions as they appear on the web page!

I was about to answer your original question, and then I saw this which actually answers your problem – The plugin will only be localized based on the WP installation – you would have to be running WordPress in the same language.

12. gue says

After changing some content in the .mo file and updating the file on ther server it still shows up the old translation. Is ther somthing else to do to get the file wirking?
    thanks for help, gue

13. thesab says

first of all thank you chad for that really nice plugin !!
    I am using the french version of wp-members and I can see some terms are not translated. For example on the login page, I got:

Existing Users Login
    Nom d’Utilisateur
    Mot de Passe Se souvenir de moi

Enregistrer un nouvel utilisateur
    Choisissez un Nom d’utilisateur*
    First Name*
    Last Name*
    Email*

So as you can see it is a mix of english and french.
    I tried to fix it myself by downloading the latest .pot file available but there are no new entries requesting translations.

Any idea how I can fix that ??

If you are loading a translation on a site that has already had WP-Members™ installed, you’ll need to force the translated field names into the database. That process is described in this post.

If you’ve updated the translation file for anything that is one of the fields names, you would also need to complete that process.

• thesab says

Thank you Chad it worked !
        Everything is translated now expect one sentence.
        I checked the .po file and I can see that sentence is fuzzy. If I validate it and then export the resulting .mo file and finally redo the above step, is it gonna fix it?
        In other word is that normal that fuzzy translation are not picked up?

• Rob says

I have the same problem as above and while I did everything as you explained I still have “existing user login” and “new user, click here to register” not translated.. Everything else including the fields is translated.
        Any ideas?

Some great fixes here – I have managed to follow all advice and translate the entire plugin into Thia except for ‘Clear Form’ ‘Submit’ and ‘Required Field’ – I have located these in wp-members-deprecated.php and changed them to Thai:

* ‘ . __(‘ เขตข้อมูล’, ‘wp-members’) . ‘
    ‘;

But it is not making any difference…

Please advise if there is a step(s) I missing out on here.

Thanks,

Ana :-)

Hi Ana,

Thanks for your efforts!

Are you translating in the POT file or the plugin files directly? What you have posted above looks like you are translating the plugin files directly (which is not what you want to do).

Yes – I am going into the files direct as I could not find a Thai translation… sorry… is there somewhere I can read about how to do it another way? Almost there now however… just 3 little words – I have actually translated 6 sites in this same way! Oops?

I have had the whole thing professionally translated for the uses of our company so best not to use any other translation.

I will have to do as Franks suggests but would rather revisit this later and complete it as I have started – frustrating that those last 3 words won’t be changed even though I have changed them in the file!

This is a perfect example of why you should NOT make changes directly in the plugin – you are not familiar enough with the plugin at the code level to know where to make these changes. The submit/clear/required that you changed are not in the correct place, which is why you are not seeing any change.

The plugin is developed to be localized using gettext (just like WordPress). You should be working with a translation file. If there isn’t one in your language, a POT template is provided to set one up.

17. Rob says

Hi, I already have the language files in my language folder. How do I activate the specific language please?

18. Tomas says

Hi,

I have WordPress in English, but need Wp members plugin in Czech. Is it posible? I have files wp-members-cs_CZ.po and wp-members-cs_CZ.mo

Thank you and Best regards!

Trackbacks