To add a new field, check the box marked Add Field and complete the details for the new field.
Parameters for all fields:
- Field Label – this is what displays on the form
- Option Name – name this will be stored as in the user_meta table (spaces not allowed)
- Field Type – currently support text, textarea, and checkbox
- Display – check this box if the field is to be used in registration form
- Required – check this box if the field is a required field
Parameters for checkboxes:
- Value – this is the value of the field if the box is checked
- Checked by default – this will cause the checkbox to display as checked
Parameters for dropdown list:
Dropdown support was added in 2.6.3 and in 2.7 this was added to the Field Management panel. If you add a dropdown list field, you must specify the values for the list items in the dropdown in the box provided. This list should be provided in the following format:
The Displayed Text|the_stored_value,
- “The Displayed Text” is the text that will display in the dropdown list to the user.
- The pipe charatcer ( | ) is used to separate the displayed menu item from the stored value.
- “the_stored_value” is the value that will be stored in the database if the user selects this item.
- A comma must separate this list item from the next item in the list (no comma is needed after the last item).
These parameters account for a couple of extra features. For example, if you want the list to start with something such as <–SELECT ONE–> but that this is not a selectable value itself, put the displayed menu item, followed by the pipe separator, and then a comma like this:
Alternatively, if you want a blank line as a separator between a group of menu items, simply use the pipe separator followed by a comma.
NOTE: if you add a password field, you MUST set this as both a displayed and a required field.
Once you have entered parameters for the new field and checked the Add Field box, click Update Fields to update the field list with the new field. If your new field is not displayed in the list, it did not update.