I have finished a release candidate for WP-Members 2.7.1 that is ready for public testing. As previously announced, this update has a number of fixes and improvements.
Here is a list of what is included in this version:
- Improved the default email install process. This will check for proper installation of each of the emails the plugin sends. If you have customized already, it will skip what you have. If the email is blank, it will fill it with the proper default.
- Removed password from the [fields] email shortcode. This is only used in the admin notification email, and only if you are using user defined passwords. The password value was never sent, but I cleaned it up anyway to take this field out of the group.
- Corrected the sidebar login widget div tag. With the 2.7 update, I rebuilt the sidebar widget to accommodate the multi-widget class. In doing so, we lost the div tag that was used for styling. Some minor edits bring this back in 2.7.1.
- Fixes to the form field validation – specifically invalid usernames and emails.
- Moved the send-from filters for outbound emails to be specific to the plugin. The plugin uses wp_mail to send its messages. You can set the address you want these to come from as of 2.7. However, this was a site-wide filter. 2.7.1 changes this to be specific to the plugin. If you use a sitewide filter, that’s ok, too.
- Fixed the “remember me” cookie in the login process.
- Replaced some deprecated WordPress functions.
- Added an optional TwentyEleven stylesheet. There are several ways to implement this, the easiest of which would be to set the stylesheet option in the plugin settings to:
- Added some authentication to the backend login so that user defined passwords can now be used with moderated registration.
- Added user deactivation. You can now activate, deactivate, or reactivate a user. If you are using user defined passwords, this process will not reset the user’s password. If users do not choose their own passwords at registration, then this process will reset their password.
- Added several filter and action hooks.
If anything sneaks in before the final release, I’ll add it to the list!