WP-Members™ 2.6.5

Tonight I will be releasing WP-Members™ version 2.6.5.  This is primarily a fix release with some functionality improvements.

reCAPTCHA

I made some changes to the reCAPTCHA code used to display the CAPTCHA.  This should fix the intermittent problems the IE users were having.  I am moving away from the AJAX code that was being used and moved more in favor of how the WP reCAPTCHA plugin operates.

User Profile

Two improvements were put in for the User Profile page.  First, there was a hook for edit_user_profile but not show_user_profile, so as an admin, you could always see and edit the WP-Members™ additional fields for users, but you couldn’t see/edit these for yourself.  In case there are users that want these additional fields for the admin user as well, now you can edit these for the admin when logged in as the admin.

Second, I added a modified version of the extra fields to show on the User Profile page when the user is logged in.  Some plugin users have requested this feature, and it makes sense, especially from a compatibility standpoint with other plugins that might use the User Profile page.  The additional fields that are editable by the user can now be seen on the User Profile page.  (Admin only fields will not display.)

wpautop / wptexturize

In 2.6.4 I had added a fix for the wpautop function to prevent a line break in the login form.  With that working, I have expanded this to wrap the entire login form and the registration form.

If you’re not sure what this means, it’s a technical, behind the scenes process that WP does to put in html p tags and line breaks, and based on when the shortcodes are executed, it was creating some layout problems for the WP-Members™ forms.  WP-Members™ now carries its own self-contained override to exempt it from having p-tags and line breaks put in by WordPress.

Comments

1. jeremy says

I just started tinkering with your plugin for a client site. It is great. I am however trying to add a profile pic. Is this functionality in the plugin? If not is it slated to be added soon?

Thanks.

2. Shay C says

Thanks for your plugin.

For new registrations, it requests to choose a username, but now a password.
    How do I add the choose a password field?

Thanks for your support.

SC

From the Users Guide:

WP-Members™ has a two stage registration system that requires users to enter a valid email
      address when registering. Upon successful registration, a randomized password is sent to the
      user via email which they can then use to login.

If you have established as Members Settings Area, the user can go to this section to reset
      their random password to whatever password they like.

WP-Members™ does not currently allow users to choose their own password during the
      registration process. The reason for this design in process flow is to prevent users from giving
      invalid email addresses during registration.

3. davidgs says

I’m stumped. The docs say that the extra fields used for registration are stored in the _usermeta table, but I’m just not seeing the extra fields, like address, city, state, zip, etc. *anywhere* in my wp database. I’m trying to pull some of the profile info out to geocode the participant locations, but I cannot find the data anywhere.

Any hint?? I’ve looked through every single table in the entire install, to no avail.

dg

4. frost says

Chad thanks for the plugin
    Can I create different levels for membership site users with this plugin?
    Can aweber be integrated to the sign up page?

FA

5. Kaveh says

I have purchased this plugin, but unfortunately I cannot find any through documentation on it.

Can you tell me how to check what membership level the current logged in user belongs to?

Can you direct me to any web page where I can find api/documentation about this plugin?