I have been working feverishly on some new features for the WP-Members plugin. (Read my initial announcement.)
I am getting close to having a true release candidate ready, but will probably allow for some additional beta testing. This release is going to (HOPEFULLY) be a launchpad for a verion 3.0 release which will take the plugin to the next level. But until then, here are some of the new features that are completed and will included in the upcoming feature release:
- reCAPTCHA option for registration
- Shortcode for members area and register pages
- Contextual help in WP admin panels
- Custom admin panel for bulk user management: user export, activation, etc.
- Cleaned email process to include link back to the page a user registered on
- Capture user’s IP at registration
- added stripslashes to dialogs
- Fixed sidebar bug
- changed registration, update, and admin update to not write unused custom fields to the DB (WP actually does do this with its own fields)
I have also safemdonline.com completed the framework for an add-on module that will allow for time-based user expiration (both trials and subscription periods). The support framework will be included in the new release so that the add-on can be plugged in later. I have not decided if this will be released as a premium add-on or not… Honestly, I am leading towards making it a premium product. If I do go that direction, I will make allowances for those that have financially supported this project to receive this free of charge.
Other things in the pipeline include adding an agree to Terms of Service checkbox option for the registration, easier field customization, ability to tag notes to user data, and a few other things. As always, feel free to make suggestions. Most of the current list of upgrades was the result of suggestions from users. You never know, your suggestion may make it in to the next release.