Tonight I am releasing WP-Members 2.3.1 which is predominately a code improvement release, but it also has a couple of new features.
The code improvements in WP-Members 2.3.1 include the following:
- Update of calls to deprecated WordPress functions: get_usermeta updated to get _user_meta, update_usermeta to update_user_meta.
- Completed the update of calls to deprecated WP function get_settings updated to get_option
- Removed deprecated WP-Members functions wpmem_register and wpmem_update, both of these are now handled by wpmem_register.
- Updated form posts in the admin panel for use with WP Multisite (I still need to do additional testing with Multisite before we delcare WP-Members officially fully compatible).
- This release includes an improvement of the registration moderation process by adding a link in the notification email that takes the admin directly to the user edit page to activate the user.
- I added an additional (and optional) page for registration. Some users have requested a single page to direct users to for registration, so the 2.3.1 release includes the ability to add a page called “Register” that contains just the registration functions. It operates in a similar fashion to the Members Area. See the readme file for information on using this feature.