In my previous blog, I was used a plugin called StatTraq for getting site statistics. It was fairly easy to set up as it was a WordPress plugin. So it was logical that, now that Randy Peterman has updated his plugin for WordPress 1.5, that I install StatTraq for this blog as well.
You can download the beta (1.0b) here.
Also, here’s a little trick. Once you get it installed, if you want to add a link to your admin menu to jump over to StatTraq, follow the steps below.
- Go to /wp-admin/ and find “menu.php”
- Make a copy of the original file as a backup (just in case)
- At line 14 you should see the following line:
$menu = array(__(‘Options’), 6, ‘options-general.php’);
- Insert the following as a new line after this line:
$menu = array(__(‘StatTraq’), 8, ‘../wp-stattraq/’);
- Upload your new menu.php file
That’s it, you’re done! Go to your admin panel, and you should see the link for StatTraq in your menu.